Searching for a room to live in London is a lot like trying to date women :
1) All the good ones have already gone.
2) The really cheap ones are often dirty and you have to share it with 7 others.
3) They always look a lot smaller in real life than they do in their profile picture.
4) The keen one will probably be way out in croydon & have kids
5) They like you to have a steady income and not keep dead animals in the freezer.
6) if you express an interest they probably won’t call you back.
7) the scratch marks on the walls make you wonder why the last person left (them).
8) if your really lucky you get to make a deposit.
9) it makes you wonder where your life went so wrong.
on the plus side
10) both sometimes come with a washing machine.